Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Break Camping


So, on Spring Break, Jeff, Abbie and I went camping. We went out for just one night to test out how Abbie would react. Well, we soon found out that we should have brought many, many more things for Abbie to play with.

We didn't bring our swimsuits because I thought it would be too cold. Wrong. I took the kite out of the bag just before we left the house because "we were going to be doing too much hiking to fly a kite..." Wrong. And to top it all off, I forgot to bring a book. Abbie took a nap in the middle of the afternoon and there was NOTHING for me to do, but sit....

Overall, though, we had a good time. I found out that I can make a better campfire than Jeff and we got a great video of Abbie falling in the water for America's Funniest Home Videos! (I am going to try to post it on here for all to see)

We definitely know what not to do and what else to bring the next time we attempt to go camping with a 3-year old. Anybody want to go with us next time?

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh! Oh! Pick me! I'd go camping with you! I even have my own kite to bring! Glad y'all had a good time!