Monday, March 26, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun

Abbie is getting so big lately. We went to a birthday party for one of her friend's on Saturday and we saw some people there that we haven't seen in almost a year. One of the guys said,"I didn't even know who [Abbie] was at first and then I saw her big eyes..."

Why can't our kids stay little for just a little longer. Abbie is only 3-and-a-half and I can barely remember being pregnant or the birth or even how she felt in my arms when I held her as a newborn. What is is about life that goes so quickly? What makes the days seem so long, but the years just fly by?

Cherish each day with your family, friends, and loved ones. Do what you have always intended to do, today! And don't forget to take a huge number of pictures to remind you of the wonderful times and people in your life!

If I haven't taken your picture lately, or ever, put your makeup on 'cause I'm coming to get you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi, Alissa! Dana told me to be sure to read this post; she knows me TOO well....

I am redoing Dana's room - with a little help from her dad - and bought a frame that held three pictures. I decided that those 3 pictures would show Dana at 3 stages of her life; as a little one (about Abbie's age), a preteen, and a young woman in college. As I dug through the pictures, it almost took my breath away to go again to all those wonderful, and FUNNY moments of life with Dana and her sister.

You are right - it does go way too fast. The only way to endure the loss of their childhood is to relish their life as a young woman. I know your mother would say the same about you.