Friday, December 18, 2009

Shelter in a time of storm

Jeff and I went on Tuesday for another sonogram. We were hoping to see a fetal pole, to see the baby growing and progressing...but it looks like God had other plans for that baby with Him. The Dr. described the empty gestational sac in my womb as a blighted ovum. Basically, the placenta and sac developed, but everything that makes the baby didn't.

I am having a miscarriage and I am sad about it.

On Tuesday, Dec. 22, I will be having a D&C. Please pray that everything goes well during the procedure. I will be put under anesthesia and I don't know how my body will react to it. Please pray for that as well. I don't know who reads this, but if anyone is...thank you for the well wishes and prayer thus far. Jeff and Abbie and I are doing fine. We will make it through the other side, not completely unscathed, but still fully reliant on God. "He is my rock and my shelter. There is no other." Psa. 18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Alissa, I am so sorry to hear! You and Jeff are so strong though, and always lean on God in trials, so I don't worry about you. You ARE in my prayers though!