Monday, June 25, 2007

God is Good

So the past year has been pretty stressful and tiring, to say the least. But it looks like God is triumphant once again! He has laid out our lives perfectly in the past month or two and now the Spirit is compelling us back to ministry.

One year ago, in April 2006, Jeff was unjustly fired from is job at the student center. We had to sell our house in San Marcos and move in with Jeff's dad. We were hurt, humiliated, ashamed of the way things were handled. But most of all we lost a little respect for Christians, as we knew them. We decided we needed a break from full-time ministry. Then we came to Southern Hills.

We were welcomed into the family immediately. We started to feel loved again. I gained a new sister there that has brought so many blessings to my life this year. I don't know what I would have done without Dana. But the thing that invigorated us most of all was the fact that we had freedom at SH. Freedom to question, freedom to think, freedom to voice opinions without being frowned upon. In 27 years, I had never felt God's presence so strongly in my life.

I had the opportunity to go through Beth Moore's study of the Book of Daniel. What a study that was. I cried, I laughed, mostly I learned more in six weeks than I had in the past 6 years! I thank God for the doors that He has opened in my life. I truly have been touched by the Spirit of God. I now feel His presence in my life daily and I rejoice in that!

Now, we are moving to Leander in a couple of weeks. We have bought a house, Jeff has a new job that will enable him to be home with Abbie and I in the evenings, and we have found a new family at Pond Springs. Jeff is now the Outreach Minister at PSCOC and he couldn't be happier! The best friends that we so hated to leave in Joshua, Richard and Stacey, are ministering at Pond Springs as well. God had had a plan for our two little families when He first brought us together in 2001. We thought our worlds had crashed down upon us when Jeff and I moved in 2004, but little did we know, God needed us to find Him and then He would help us find them.

I will exalt you ,O Lord,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
O Lord my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
O Lord, you brought me up from the grave;
you spared me from going down into the pit.
. . . .
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Psalm 30



God Is So Good!!



1 comment:

Dana said...

I told Jeff not to make me cry with he sermon last night and then you blind side me with this. Thanks! I can't wait to see what happens for you next. You are being blessed so much right now that only good can come!